For a healthier take on this scrumptious snack, the Cuisinart CPM-100 EasyPop Hot Air Popcorn Maker will help you satisfy your craving for popcorn without any oil needed. This machine uses hot air to heat up popcorn kernels until they pop. This hot air popper is a stylish and efficient kitchen tool that will look good on your counter without taking up a lot of your precious counter space.
- Product dimensions: 7.5” x 15” x 10”
- Product weight: 5 pounds
- Uses hot air to pop kernels—no oil is required
- Can make 10 up to 15 cups of popcorn in just 3 minutes
- With on and off switch
- Has removable chute
- With butter warmer
- Has storage for the cord
- Made of BPA-free materials
- Sleek, metallic red design
- Has 3-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Removable chute and butter warmer are dishwasher safe
- Lower calories
- No oil is required when you cook popcorn
- Easy to use
- Removable components are easy to clean either by wiping it or washing it by hand using warm, soapy water. Additionally, these components are also dishwasher safe
- Cut calories by not having to use oil but still have the option to add butter with the butter warmer included
- Healthier alternative to stovetop popcorn, microwave popcorn and the usual popcorn popper.
- Cooks healthier popcorn fast (3 minutes)
- The on and off switch makes it easy for you to turn off the popper without having to rush just to unplug the cord from the outlet
- The machine operates quietly
- Produces fluffy and crunchy popcorn
- The butter warmer also doubles as a measuring cup for the kernels
- Has a stable base
- According to some people who reviewed this product, there is no fill line inside to guide you, so if you overfilled even just a little, the machine’s top will come off during the popping process and there are also instances where the popcorn will just get burnt
- Some customers who reviewed this product have observed that many kernels fly out during the popping process.
- The top has the tendency to come off very easily.
- Lots of unpopped kernels; either the unpopped kernels fly out through the chute together with the popped ones, or they just stay at the bottom.
- Quite expensive compared to similar air poppers
For a healthier take on your favorite snack, using the Cuisinart CPM-100 EasyPop Hot Air Popcorn Maker will let you snack on oil-free popcorn in less than 3 minutes. It’s easy to clean and convenient to use, making your movie night snacks easier to prepare.
Another hot air popcorn maker that you may want to consider is the Presto 04820 PopLite Hot Air Popper. If you like microwave popcorn because it makes popcorn real fast, then you will surely love this hot air popcorn maker. Aside from making healthier popcorn, the Presto PopLite Hot Air Popper can finish popping a batch in less than 2-1/2 minutes.
It can produce up to 18 cups of popcorn in one popping cycle. If you are not so concerned with calories, you can opt to melt some butter using the butter warmer at the top, which conveniently doubles as a measuring cup. Using this warmer will allow you to drip some butter onto the kernels while they are being popped.
Washing the popper may require some effort though as the plastic parts are removable but not safe for use in the dishwasher. Still, minimal cleanup with some paper towels will do. Although adding in some butter may require you to wash it by hand with warm, soapy water.
If you are concerned with plastic rubbing off trace particles of chemicals onto your popcorn, you may want to choose another hot air popcorn popper as the plastic components of the Presto PopLite are not BPA-free. Like other hot air poppers, this machine also leaves quite a bit of unpopped kernels.
To save you more time preparing your snack, the West Bend 82700 Hot Air Popcorn Popper will measure the popcorn for you. This hot air popcorn popper features a side container that will store the popcorn kernels for you. By turning the chrome lever, the machine will release pre-measured kernels one serving at a time to be popped. It allows you to select how much popcorn you want to cook. Cooked popcorn comes out light and crispy, thanks to its hot air heating mechanism that lets you cook popcorn without having the need to add even a drop of oil.
The West Bend 82700 Hot Air Popcorn Popper can produce up to four servings per cycle. A unique feature of this machine is its contained cleaning cycle mechanism. This feature automatically ejects unpopped kernels into a disposal drawer for a faster cleanup process. Because of the overall smart design of this popper, unpopped kernels are minimized.
The Cuisinart CPM-100 EasyPop Hot Air Popcorn Maker, Red gives the best value for your money. Although it is a bit pricier than most hot air poppers, if you are quite health conscious about everything, the BPA-free plastic components of this machine will ease your worries.