You can now serve large portions of theater style popcorn for movie nights and gatherings in the comfort of your home with the Hamilton Beach 73310 Party Popper Popcorn Maker. It has an attractive red lid that opens at the center so you can load your popcorn kernels easily and just wait for your popcorn to be done in just a few minutes.
- Product dimensions: 16.9” x 12.9” x 15.8”
- Product weight: 7.3 pounds
- Has a capacity to make any amount between 6 cups up to 24 cups of popcorn per popping cycle
- Made of high quality plastic
- Has a base that doubles as a serving bowl after the popcorn has been cooked
- Features a removable popping chamber that is safe to wash in the dishwasher
- A measuring cup is included to be used for the oil and popcorn kernels
- Can be disassembled for easy storage
- Has a non-stick cooking surface
- Easy to store as the whole thing can be disassembled and the two separate round parts can be nested together to save space
- Easy to operate
- No messy cleanup. The popping chamber is dishwasher safe and cleaning the base can be done by using warm, soapy water and for the top lid, a damp cloth will do
- No need to wait for multiple batches of popcorn to feed a large group as one batch can yield up to 24 cups of popcorn
- Popped kernels are automatically stirred around the cooking surface which is conveniently nonstick to ensure that the popcorn is fluffy
- The bottom portion of the popcorn maker also doubles as a large serving bowl
- The top lid opens providing easy access when pouring in ingredients into the popping chamber
- According to some people who reviewed this product, the top and bottom components of this popcorn maker are quite large, even when nested, and thus can take up more space in the cabinet, as well as on a counter
- A few people who reviewed this product had too many unpopped kernels left
The Hamilton Beach 73310 Party Popper Popcorn Maker, Red is a great buy if you frequently make a lot of popcorn, because with its large capacity, you don’t have to worry about popping multiple batches. It also has mostly positive reviews among those who have used it. However, if you have a small kitchen space or limited cabinet space, this may not be the right popcorn machine for you because it can take up a lot of counter and storage space.
The Cuisinart CPM-700 EasyPop is another popcorn maker that can yield large quantities of popcorn per cycle. It can make 14 to 16 cups of popcorn per batch. This popcorn maker uses a heating plate with a built-in stirring arm on the bottom that works the popcorn kernels around the plate until it heats up and the kernels pop. The dome-shaped lid is made of clear plastic with vents at the top to let steam out.
The lid also doubles as a serving bowl, but you first have to cover the vents with the smaller lid provided to keep any oil, butter or salt from escaping the bowl through the vents and making a mess. The base is made of brushed stainless steel. This popcorn maker is easy to use and has an on and off switch so you don’t have to worry about unplugging it to keep the heating plate from getting too hot.
Detachable parts are easy to assemble and take down, and all removable parts are dishwasher safe. However, you may have mixed feelings when it comes to the cord because it is quite short at only 27 inches including the plug for the outlet. If you have children at home, you may view this as a safety feature so your kids won’t be able to pull the cord and accidentally spill the hot contents of the machine.
The West Bend Stir Crazy 82505 has the capacity to yield up to 28 cups of popcorn in less than 5 minutes. It has a plastic cover, which can also serve as a serving bowl, with lots of vents at the top to release moisture and keep the popcorn from getting soggy. It also has a heating plate with motorized stirring rods to gently move the kernels around the oil while the plate heats up.
The stirring rods automatically move in reverse from time to time if it senses popcorn kernels getting stuck under it. The vents on top of the lid can also serve as a butter well so the steam can melt the butter, evenly coating the popcorn inside. You don’t have to worry about leaks dripping from the vents because a lid is provided to cover the vents when using the top lid as a serving bowl.
The West Bend Stir Crazy 82505 popcorn maker is one of the best if you are looking for a popper that yields large amounts of popcorn per batch. It also gives you the option to add butter during the cooking process through the vents. Additionally, the stirring rods automatically reverse when kernels get stuck which makes the machine very efficient to use.