The Whirley Pop Stainless Steel Stovetop Popcorn Popper is a great alternative for making popcorn either in small or large helpings using the traditional stovetop method. Because the pan is made of stainless steel, it is sturdy and you won’t have any concerns regarding potential health hazards. It works efficiently and has the capability of cooking popcorn in just 3 minutes.
- Product dimensions: 18” x 10” x 7”
- Product weight: 4.2 pounds
- Pan and detachable lid are made of premium-quality stainless steel
- Has die-cast metal gears with handle and knobs made of hardwood
- Capable of making 6 quarts of popcorn (equivalent to 24 cups) in one batch
- For smaller helpings, partial batch instructions are included in the package
- Features 4 vents to let steam out
- Has a patented stirring mechanism
- The stainless lid has quick-release clips for quick removal
- Offers 25-year warranty on mechanical parts, 90 days for the pan and wooden parts
- The stainless steel pan is compatible with an induction stovetop
- Because stainless steel is capable of conducting heat well, this stovetop popcorn popper allows quick cook time (3 minutes) even when cooking a full batch of popcorn
- It has the option to let you cook small or big servings of popcorn
- The pan is easy to clean—you can either wipe the parts with paper towel, or wash it with warm, soapy water.
- Cooks popcorn quickly (3 minutes), like when cooking in the microwave, but with double the amount of popcorn.
- Made of high-quality materials.
- Cooked popcorn is crisp and tender with the help of strategically placed steam vents.
- Stirring mechanism prevents kernels from sticking and getting burnt by constantly moving the kernels around until all kernels are popped.
- Wooden handle stays cool to the touch during the whole cooking process.
- Not safe for cleaning in the dishwasher
- According to some people who reviewed the product, the gear mechanism of the lid can be tricky to put on and does not turn easily.
- A few people who reviewed this product experienced instances where the base and the lid fell apart while pouring the cooked popcorn in a bowl, thus spilling popcorn everywhere.
Stovetop popcorn has a distinct taste to it that makes it tasty. If you prefer cooking your popcorn the traditional way, the Whirley Pop Stainless Steel Stovetop Popcorn Popper is a great product to consider because it’s made of stainless steel.
However, this stovetop popper is suited for smaller families as the portions cooked per batch may not be enough for a larger group of people, although you can make multiple batches if you want.
The Wabash Valley Farms Whirley-Pop is another stovetop popcorn popper that is easy to use and also produce great-tasting popcorn. Burnt kernels are also highly unlikely with the help of the crank located at the center of the lid, which allows you to constantly turn it so the stirring system inside the popper will keep the kernels moving around to avoid burning.
Additionally, by regularly stirring the kernels inside, unpopped kernels can be kept at a minimum. What’s good about this popcorn popper is that it makes consistently fluffy and crispy popcorn. This popper can pop up to 6 quarts of popcorn per batch in just 3 minutes, giving you more time to spend with family or friends.
The pan is made of aluminum material with a clip-on cover and wooden handle. It also has an aluminum bottom that allows the pan’s temperature to rise or go down quickly. You won’t have to worry about getting soggy popcorn even when the lid is closed because the cover has vents in it to let steam escape. Cleaning the Wabash Valley Farms Whirley-Pop is also a breeze because you can just wipe it clean with a paper towel after every use.
Another stainless stovetop popcorn popper worth comparing to the Whirley Pop is the VICTORIO StovePop Stainless Steel Popcorn Popper. The unique feature that sets it apart is its patent pending gearless flex-drive technology.
Instead of placing a crank at the middle to keep the contents moving around, a rotary paddle at the side keeps the stirring rod rotating to prevent the kernels from getting burned. The pan is made of stainless steel with an aluminum bottom that makes the pan heat up fast.
The bottom is also conveniently compatible with most induction stovetops. Handling is also safe and easy with stay-cool handles made of wood and silicone. The cover has vents to keep moisture out and maintain the crisp and fluffy texture of the popcorn. It also has the capacity to make up to 6 quarts of popcorn per popping cycle.
Of the three, the Whirley Pop 24003-AMZ Stovetop Popcorn Popper made of stainless steel is the best because its compact design does not take too much space. It’s a great kitchen tool for families who frequently have movie nights together. This popper is able to make small or large servings depending on how much you want.